Venice Attractions and Tourism: When in Venice Information
Venice is an extremely historic city in Italy IT, with a particularly high concentration of major attractions. Featuring a vast range of Venice tourism attractions for all the family, including ancient Venice landmarks and monuments, gondola cruises around the Venice lagoon, historic Italian ruins and buildings, and stunning landscaped gardens and public squares (piazzas), there are also many popular excursions to many towns and cities nearby Venice in Italy IT.
Venice also contains a thriving shopping centre, where you will find a host of high-street favourites, together with Venice restaurants and street cafés.
Venice Attractions and Tourism: Major Places of Interest
Some of the most popular places to go and things to do in Venice include the following Venice landmarks and monuments.
Most of the main tourism attractions in Venice are open daily. Admission at the Venice attractions is often free, or fairly inexpensive.
- Basilica San Marco (St. Mark's Church)
- Ca' d'Oro (Golden House)
- Ca' Rezzonico
- Campanile (Bell Tower of San Marco)
- Campo dei Santi Giovanni e Paolo
- Chiesa dei Frari (Church of the Frari)
- Chiesa di San Sebastiano
- Ciesa di Santa Maria della Salute
- Giardino Giusti (Giusti Gardens)
- Grand Canal (Canal Grande)
- Palazzo Ducale (Doge's Palace)
- Palazzo Mocenigo (Mocenigo Palace)
- Piazza San Marco (St. Mark's Square)
- Ponte di Rialto (Rialto Bridge)
- Scuola Grande di San Rocco (School of San Rocco)
Venice Attractions and Tourism: Popular Excursions from Venice
Popular excursions close to Venice include short trips to the scenice islands of Burano, Cannaregio, Giudecca, Murano, Pellestrina, Torcello, all of which are within easy reach of central Venice. Hiring a car is a convenient way to travel outside of Venice, although other transport options in Venice include 'vaporetti' water-buses, enclosed 'motoscafi' motorboat taxis, romantic gondola canal trips, retired gondolas (traghettos), chauffeur boat travel, buses, trains and taxis.
Book your Venice Car Rental here - excellent rates available, up to 65% discount.
Venice (VCE) Airports Information Guides